REMEMBER IT ……..Learn Chemistry the Visual Way – the modern way to master the fundamentals of chemistry. Chemistry is a visual science. Kekule, credited the discovery of the benzene ring to a daydream, in which he visualised a group of atoms moving like a snake and grabbing its own tail. Chemists sketch structures of reactants and products, and draw symbols, arrows, and equations to describe chemical processes. These chemical representations spatially present the imagery of particles and their geometrical shape in two dimensions and compose a spatial language. They present information that may not be easily understood otherwise and allow chemists to think visually and convey information efficiently through a form of visual display.
Visual Chemistry Cards are recommended for any student or teacher currently drowning in words within today’s outdated textbooks. The simple-to-understand visual cards are in a printable PDF format and cover the fundamentals of chemistry. New sets of cards will be added on a regular basis.
- Acids, Bases & Buffers (13 cards): acid-base theories (Arrhenius, Lowry-Bronsted, Lewis), pH, strong & weak acids, Ka, Kb, Kw, buffers, calculations.
- Atoms, Molecules & Compounds (12 cards): elements/atoms, compounds/molecules, mixtures, periodic table, atomic structure, isotopes
- Bonding (13 cards): covalent, ionic and metallic bonding, shapes of simple molecules (valence shell electron pair repulsion theory)
- Chemical Equations (5 cards): anatomy of chemical equations, reaction types, mass balance.
- Chemical Equilibrium (7 cards): dynamic equilibrium, equilibrium constant (Kc and Kp), Le Chatelier’s Principle, changing concentration/temperature/pressure.
- Chemical Formula (6 cards): molecular/empirical (calculations) and structural formula.
- Electron Configurations (7 cards): properties, quantum numbers, electron configurations, s, p,d & f atomic orbitals.
- Gas Laws (4 cards): Charles law, Boyles law, Gay-Lussac law, combined gas law, ideal gas equation.
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry (10 cards): catenation, carbon-carbon bonding, classification of organic compounds, isomerism (structural, positional, optical)
- The Mole (7 cards): Avogadro’s number, the mole, calculations, stiochiometry, volumetric analysis.
- Naming Simple Chemical Compounds (6 cards): naming ionic compounds, simple covalent compounds and acids.
- Polymers (4 cards): monomers, polymers, addition and condensation.
- Periodicity (25 cards): periodic table, groups & periods, elemental boxes, periodicity, groups 1-8 properties & trends, transition metals, lanthanides & actinides.
- Reaction Kinetics (12 cards): reaction profiles (exothermic/endothermic), breaking & forming bonds, collision theory, effect of temperature/pressure/surface area on reaction rates, rate equations, order of reactions.
- Redox (5 cards): reduction/oxidation definitions, oxidation numbers.
- Solutions & Solubility (6 cards): solutions, colloids, suspensions, solubility, solubility curves.
- Units & Constants (4 cards): SI units, constants and chemical units.
Now check your progress by completing PAST PAPERS ………